Tuesday, September 14, 2004

migraine moments.....my head and neck feels like somebody just drop kicked me. for the past couple of days, my head has been killin me. the last time i had migraines like this....i was in connecticut. i was having one almost every week. well, dammit, they're baaaaack. my migraines laugh at tylenol and advil. nothing will make it go away but sleep and when it hurts to close your eyes...its hard to sleep. hopefully, it'll go away soon. next...i was having a conversation with my buddy 2gizzle about being "deep". people automatically assume that just because im a poet or because i have natural hair that im supposed to be "deep" all the time. like everything that comes out of my mouth is supposed to be prolific and have some kind of deep ass meaning or just because certain people inspire me and i am aware of a lot of causes (mumia, assata shakur, the AIDS epidemic in africa, etc) that im just so damn revolutionary and deep. well, sorry to disappoint ya...but uhhhh...it aint that deep. i read a lot, therefore i am aware of a lot. i suggest everyone find a cause or something to believe in. believe in something and dammit know something besides the latest person 50 cent is beefin with. know whats going on around you. knowledge is free....check ya public library. i dont find deep meanings in shit all the time....surface value is cool with me sometimes. i am a poet...but that doesnt mean that i write all the time. i write when i damn feel like it. is all my work prolific....hell no. sometimes i write straight garbage in my opinion...sometimes i write poetry that licks ya mind. depends on the day. what im trying to get at is....just because i believe in something....just because i am a writer that happens to have natural hair....just because i listen to john coltrane and spit at open mic.....doesnt mean that i am not human. im not "deep" all the time and anyone who is....smh....needs a reality check. everything isnt deep. next....my niece just turned 3 years old. it seems like yesterday that she was just a little baby that had funky diapers that made me gag. now she is a big girl....riding her little bike with training wheels, picking out her clothes, ordering her own food...yeah mayn...she's doing all that at 3. when i left home, i knew i was going to miss her more than anything. i miss her yelling for me to hold her hand while she gets her hair done, her playing on my computer, watching boobahs (zing zing zing-bah is my favorite)....i really miss my baby. she makes me want to have a child of my own. most high willing, i will conceive a child after i graduate. next....i talked to my mom today and she said "some girl called for you last night." im like....who in the hell called my mom's house because everybody i talk to, calls one of my cell phones. why in the hell did jonette call me??? just in case yall dont remember....that was the ex after tia. smh. i dont know what possessed her to call me, but im glad my mother didnt give out my number. exes are exes for a reason....not saying you shouldnt have anything to do with your exes...but damn, if they have made it clear that they dont want to have anything to do with you.....keep it movin. im cordial with all of my exes besides her. anyway...my migraine is gettin a little better. im gonna try to catch up on all the sleep ive lost. in a minute....peace....cream out.

No comments: