Wednesday, November 3, 2004

voted and defeated......where to begin? well, first of all, i want to say how disappointed i am about the presidential election. im not going to go on and on about how fucked up this country has been for the last 4 years...or the past 4 decades for that matter. i walked 10 blocks to vote for kerry....thats how dedicated i was to vote. on the way there, i thought about how my great-great grandmother (who my grandma says i act like) couldnt vote. even if i didnt have an opinion about this election (which you know i did), i would have still voted out of respect for my ancestors and all the people that fought along side of them for me to have the right to vote. when i walked in the polling place, everybody seemed to turn around to look at me. now, i know im a different looking black chic. i dont look like those women on bet or mtv. my fro was picked out, i had on my red, black, and green wristbands....looked very "militant". a little lady that reminded me of my grandma sat beside me and she put her hand on my shoulder and said "honey, im so glad to see a young black woman voting to get us out of the bushes". lol. she went on to tell me how much she liked my hair and how she had a fro when she was younger. that was the highlight of my voting experience besides me pushing the little red button that said vote. i love older people....*sigh* last night, i was watching the election coverage on cnn and bush looked too convinced that he was going to win. he had this smirk like one of those kids that knows he set something up to be in his favor. now, its over and of course he stole the election again. the good news is, there is only 4 more years of this asshole and we might have a chance to put a qualified person in office. the bad news is, this country might not exist in 4 years if bush keeps going the way he is going. i wonder whats going to happen to all those vote or die t-shirts that mr. combs made. lmao...they will probably he cleaning rags or something. She summed up my feelings exactly. damn im gettin amped..ok ok ok ok.....no more election talk....its making the queen upset. on a lighter note...i go see def poetry tonight!!!!! im so damn excited....more excited than i have been in a long time. im not going to get my hopes up of meeting miss staceyann but if i do, ill try my best not to act starstruck. i still havent decided what im going to wear since i have to walk to the theatre. its cold as hell here so i might just wear jeans, a poncho, and some boots and call it a night. next...2 papers and 1 exam down....2 to go. i cant wait until this is finally over. spring registration starts next week. i have already made my appointment to get my senior evaluation and meet with my advisor. from my records, i only have to take my internship, a statistics class *insert frowning face here*, and 2 electives to keep me as a full time student and then...ill be DONE. i was looking at that paper like...i cant believe i have taken so many classes. to be totally honest, only a couple stick out in my mind. shit...a lot of them, i couldnt tell u shit about now. the classes that stick out in my mind are sociology, psychology, all of my criminal justice classes, the world of islam, computer repair, and all of my art classes. im considering going to my graduation. ill just go to my college graduation, not the entire university graduation. im not for sitting for 2 hours, listening to somebody talk, just to stand up and sit down. in the college graduation, they actually call your name and you go up on stage. i wonder who will get invitations. hmmmm. ill cross that bridge when i get to it. off to class to turn in this dreaded paper. in a minute home skillet....peace....cream out.

No comments: